April 26, 2005

Experiencing God's Love

  1. Look to Jesus. Consider Christ. Meditate on His glory and His work, not just casually, but intentionally. Think about the promises He made and guaranteed by His death and resurrection.
  2. Pray that God would open your eyes to the wonder of His love in these things.
  3. Renounce all known attitudes and behaviors that contradict this demonstration of love to you.
  4. Then enjoy the experience of the love of God poured out in your heart by the Holy Spirit.

Father, incline our hearts to see the
beauty of Christ and to embrace it with joy.
Grant that we would behold and believe -
that we would see and savor.
May our minds lay hold on the content of faith,
and our hearts receive it with the affection of faith.
Cause Your love to flow like a river through our souls.
May we not just know about it,
but experience the reality of it, to the glory of Christ.
In His name. Amen.

J.Piper - Pierced by the Word.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Josh, not you too! Xanga is sooooo much better, and we have more people. C'mon, make the switch! I do like the dots on your site...reminds me of Wonderbread.

Josh B said...

Well, I have to admit some of my friends got me hooked on blogger first. I do miss the subscriptions, but you have to admit blogger sites look a bit more professionally done (without me having to do the work!) Plus the major drawback is that our kooky wireless configuration won't let me sign into some of xanga's stuff anyways.